Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye featuring Kimbra

It is true that I can like other, non-poppy, non-bubblegum songs ... I present to you "Somebody That I Used To Know" by Gotye featuring Kimbra.



I came across this song on Facebook. A couple of friends overseas were posting this online. Even a friend from Canada posted a remix on my Facebook wall.

So last night, I thought I'd click on the video since it was in my news feed again. At first, I wasn't sure what to think about the song. I think I might have only kept watching because there was a somewhat naked man on the screen! OK, the music was a bit whimsical.

And then the chorus came. Hello! To my listening ears, he was channeling Sting! And then a female singer named Kimbra comes in later during the artsy video. After it was over, I wanted to watch again.

That to me, is when I know I've found a song that I like. This is my poptastic confession ... I really like it.

Enjoy!~


No comments:

Post a Comment