Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Magic Hour by Scissor Sisters

Hello Poptastic Readers!

This week saw a new album release from the Scissor Sisters!




The album is called Magic Hour. And I have to admit something ... I didn't download the whole album ... only 4 songs. Why? Well, I bought their first 3 albums and over the years I realized that I only ever listen to the singles. I like the band, but I'm not crazy about them like some my favourite groups. So, I just decided to download the songs that I knew I would listen to. I actually really like them, and I am very tempted to go back and buy the rest of the tracks on the album. Can any of you readers recommend that? If so, leave a comment below.

The first single planned was "Shady Love." You can see the video by clicking the title. On first listen, I didn't like it at all. It was scheduled for a February release and it was cancelled. I still downloaded the track this week. While it's not a favourite of mine, it has its charm. It's a grower.




The first official single was "Only The Horses" and it went to #12 in the UK. Somehow I missed it. I downloaded it this week and it has become a favourite of mine. Unfortunately, there is a really boring video for it. If you click on the title of the song, it will take you to a live performance on The Voice UK. I love this song! It should make my Top 20 of 2012.




Their latest single to coincide with the release of the album is piano-pop track called "Baby Come Home." I like it. It's very Scissor Sisters, and reminds you of their megahit "I Don't Feel Like Dancin'." The video is cute, too.




Now, I did say that I downloaded 4 tracks. But there isn't a 4th single as of yet. However, earlier this spring a track leaked called "Let's Have A Kiki." And while it has naughty lyrics with plenty of bad language, the track is hilarious! It's basically Ana Matronic leaving a voicemail for someone named Pickles. So funny. Don't miss this song. Just don't play around children!




So there you go! If you like the band, go out and get the album now! And if you aren't sure, download these 4 tracks and see if that makes you want to buy more.

Love, Truth & Honesty,

—Sausi O'Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment