Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Be Kind by StoneBridge & Crystal Waters

Dear Poptastic Readers,

Over the weekend, I was listening to Crystal Waters song "Come On Down" (which sampled the Price Is Right theme song) from around 2002, and I thought "I wonder what Crystal Waters is up to?" I remembered her fantastic song from 2006/7 called "Destination Calabria" with Alex Gaudino. But after that, I kinda lost track of her. 



Well, good news! She has a new song called "Be Kind" with StoneBridge. And it is FABulous! That's right! A brand-new song! I went to her Facebook page and liked it. And I listened to her new song. Well, I downloaded it from iTunes and I can't stop playing it.



It's a dance song and the music provided by StoneBridge, who had wonderful song in 2004/5 called "Put 'Em High." Crystal's lyrics and vocals are spot on. Listening to her new song just reminds me of what a good vocalist she is. She has a way of twisting words and making them her own. Just have a listen with this lyric video ...



Now if you think you don't know who Crystal Waters is, her debut single "Gypsy Woman (She's Homeless)" was a huge hit in the early 90s. By the mid-90s she had another huge hit with "100% Pure Love." Crystal has always had some great songs over the years. While I have a few of her albums and her "Best of" CD,  I have no idea what she's been up to since 2007, so I have some catching up to do!



"Be Kind" comes at a time when I think the world could use these words. Whether it be gay rights, immigration and undocumented immigrants, the US House of Representatives, wars in the Gaza Strip and the Ukraine. The world needs this song.

So "Be Kind" and go to iTunes and buy the song. If you are into remixes, there are lots there for you! Don't delay ... buy the track today! And ... "Be Kind."

Cheers then,
—Davearama

P.S. Like Crystal's Facebook page and follow her on Twitter. And bookmark her official website. You can even like StoneBridge's Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment