Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Húsavík (My Hometown) by My Marianne & Will Ferrell

Dear Poptastic Readers,

We weren't sure about the new Will Ferrell movie about the Eurovision Song Contest, but we watched and loved it! Sure, there were some really silly parts, but the movie really had some nice moments. Also, the 
music was awesome! That brings us to the song "Húsavík (My Hometown)" by My Marianne & Will Ferrell. The movie is called Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga.



Who is My Marianne? It is Swedish singer Molly Sandén using an alias. She sings all of Rachel McAdams songs in the movie.


Molly Sandén is My Marianne

"Húsavík (My Hometown)" is mostly sung in English, but there is some Icelandic, too. Thus, the name. The song is the big moment of the movie. It is the power ballad of all power ballads and it has the goosebump factor. Especially the BIG note at the end. If you haven't seen the movie yet, be warned, this music video will give parts of the movie away.



Wasn't that fab? My Marianne/Molly Sandén also recorded an acoustic version and made a music video for it. See that here ...



"Húsavík (My Hometown)" was written and produced by Savan Kotecha, Fat Max Gsus, and Rickard Göransson. We've added it to our 2020 Poptastic Confessions Playlist on SpotifyEnjoy!~



Cheers then,
—Davearama

P.S. Please follow Molly Sandén and Poptastic Confessions on social media …

Molly Sandén (aka My Marianne)

Poptastic Confessions
Poptastic Confessions 9th Anniversary

Please like and share our links so that more people hear and buy the music!


No comments:

Post a Comment