Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Fabulous Jody Watley

Dear Poptastic Readers,

The fabulous Jody Watley has a new song out now and it is funky, groovy and lots of fun! The song is called "Cold Enough" and it is by the group called French Horn Rebellion featuring Jody Watley and the song on their "Love Is Dangerous" EP. You're going to love it!




The new song is great. And it so refreshing to hear Jody Watley sing new music again. You see, I was in high school when Jody's debut album came out in 1987. To this day, when I think about that album I remember listening to the cassette tape on my walkman while I mowed by parent's yard in Indiana. It contained the massive hits "Looking For A New Love", "Don't You Want Me", "Some Kind Of Lover" and "Still A Thrill." As well as the ballad "Most Of All."




Jody's second album "Larger Than Life" came out in 1989 when I was a freshman in college. And it was equally fantastic. It had three top 10 hits in the US ... "Real Love", "Friends" with Eric B and Rakim and "Everything." The fourth and final single from the album was "Precious Love."




Jody's third album "Affairs Of The Heart" in 1991 was a bit more mature with less dance songs and more slow and mid-tempo songs. However, the singles were quite dancey. "I Want You" and "I'm The One You Need." The wonderful ballad "It All Begins With You" was the final single from the album.




Her fourth album "Intimacy" was more organic sounding. It featured the singles "Your Love Keeps Working On Me" and "When A Man Loves A Woman." The latter single, Jody released the song with slightly different lyrics. One was called "When A Man Loves A Man" and another was "When A Woman Loves A Woman." That was quite progressive for 1993/1994.




Although I lost track of Jody after that album, she continued releasing albums. "Affection" came in 1995, "Flower" in 1998, "The Saturday Night Experience" in 1999, "Midnight Lounge" in 2001.




I finally caught back up with Jody a few years ago with the release of her album "The Makeover" when she so eloquently and soulfully covered Madonna's "Borderline." And then with a fantastic song that I absolutely loved called "A Beautiful Life."




Ever since then, I've followed Jody on her Official Facebook Page as well as her Official Website. I think she is an amazing artist and her songs have been part of the soundtrack to my life.

And this year, she adds a new song to 2013 with "Cold Enough." I hope you will support her and buy buying the song on iTunes. Remember, it is listed under French Horn Rebellion, not Jody Watley. You can listen to the song on YouTube here ...




I'm hoping to see Jody in concert for the first time next month in Oakland! I can't wait!


2 comments:

  1. #SaveTheMusician

    http://donnasummerknights.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a long-time and dedicated Jody Watley fan. I'm so grateful for the music she continues to make.

    ReplyDelete