Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Follow by Email

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Union by Rebecca & Fiona

Dear Poptastic Readers,

A few months ago, my friend Rao introduced me to the Swedish duo simply called Rebecca & Fiona. They are DJs who got together to start their own electronica pop/dance duo.



The songs my friend Rao introduced me to were called "Taken Over" and "Jane Doe." I liked the songs, and the videos were cool. Especially with their platform Spice Girls shoes! But I left it at that.




Well, this week Rao emailed me to let me know that their new song "Union" was out. So I went and watched the video and I fell in love with the song, as well as the duo.




Their new song "Union" reminds me a bit of Alice Deejay without the hi-nrg. However, it is still a dance track with a retro futuristic feel to it. And, the fantastic video is no doubt a nod to ABBA and perhaps "Spacer" by Shelia B and the Devotions. Check it out ...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdMFpcVtCTw

"Union" by Rebecca & Fiona is available on iTunes. As well as their debut album "I Love You, Man!" featuring the other singles: The FABulous "Bullets", "Dance", and "If She Was Away."

Check out their official website.

And like their Facebook page.





2 comments: