Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Thursday, February 8, 2018

Neon Nights Bananarama Special Podcast

Dear Poptastic Readers,

On Friday, I (Davearama) took part in a radio show called Neon Nights in Melbourne, Australia! The show is hosted by John von Ahlen of Parralox (Click there to read the interview i did with him)! This episode of the show was a Bananarama Special, which is why I was on the show.



As soon as John told me about the show, I jokingly said "Can I call in? Or do you need a co-host? Haha!" John asked for my phone number and he said he would call me. Well, I did the time conversion and it would be Friday night at midnight for me. I definitely would stay up for Bananarama. I would most definitely stay up for a call from John of Parralox!



As midnight approached, I was the only one in my house still awake. I was so excited when John called. I wasn't sure what was going to happen. Or even what I would say. As soon as I was put on hold, I got a message "Can you stay on for the full hour?" Um, yes I can! I was thrilled.



The show was co-hosted with Costa Lakoumentas. I didn't know him but we immediately connected, and I was able to get most of his Bananarama trivia. Now we are best buds! Still waiting to hear about our own FB3 v2.0! haha


As the show was happening live, I was getting messages from Bananarama fans all over the world that they were listening: Craig in Portland, Oregon; Gary in the Gold Coast, Australia; Loco in Adelaide, Australia; Pascal in Paris, France; Norm in London, England; and Travis in Bloomington, Illinois. Thank you!

The playlist was ...
I Heard A Rumour (Horoscope Mix)
Some Girls
Cruel Summer '89
Move In My Direction
Look On The Floor (Hypnotic Tango) [Angel City Remix]
Preacher Man
Na Na Hey Hey (Kiss Him Goodbye) [1993 DMC Remix]
Shy Boy (Don't It Make You Feel Good) [US Mix]
Robert De Niro's Waiting
More Than Physical (7" Mix)
Love, Truth & Honesty
Long Train Running
I Can't Help It (Hammond Version Excursion Mix)
Ain't No Cure
Venus


Now you can get the podcast for FREE! You can download it from JOY's website here. Or download it from iTunes here.



I had such a fun time doing the show. I just listened to the podcast and I was surprised how many times I said "um." Whoops! Oh well, it was midnight for me. I was exhausted after a busy week and I was going on adrenaline for being on the show.



A BIG thank you to John for having me on the show. It was real honor. And thank you Costa for making me feel so welcome.



JOY 94.9 is an independent voice for the diverse lesbian gay bi-sexual transgender & intersex communities. Please support them anyway you can.

You can like Neon Nights Facebook page! Don't forget to like Poptastic Confessions Facebook page!

Cheers then,
—Davearama




2 comments:

  1. It was a fun podcast and you did great! XXX ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!!! Was so much fun and thanks for the shoutout! I'm pleased they read my e-mail too x

    ReplyDelete