Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Follow by Email

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Tidbits about my Top 20 of 2011

I meant to post this on New Year's Day, but life got busy. Anyhoo ... Here are some interesting (or not so interesting) tidbits about my Top 20 songs of 2011. Enjoy!~






Ten of the songs were from Sweden artists. The artists are ... Annikafiore, Dream Beats, Alcazar, Le Kid, September, Miss Inga, Dominka, La Camilla, Robyn and Eric Saade.


Seven of the songs were from UK artists like ... The Human League, Sugababes, The Saturdays, Nicola Roberts, The Pipettes, Melanie C.


Alphabeat are from Denmark, but they have a UK base.

There was only one US artist ... Lady GaGa.


Kylie Minogue is the only Australian singer, although I believe her permanent residence is in the UK.


***


The majority of artists were female. Eric Saade was the only solo male singer. However, Alcazar's song has Andreas sharing the vocals with Tess and Lina. And don't forget, Miss Inga is a drag queen. The Human League's song had Phil singing backup vocals. And Le Kid has men in the group.


***


First timers on my chart are Dream Beats, Le Kid, Miss Inga, Alphabeat, Nicola Roberts (although she has been on my charts as part of the group Girls Aloud), and Eric Saade. Dominika and La Camilla have also been on my charts with the group Army Of Lovers.


***


Kylie Minogue has been on my charts the most with 18 songs from 1999 to 2011. Kylie has topped my charts in 2002 with "Love At First Sight" and again in 2010 with "Get Outta My Way."


Sugababes were second with 15 songs from 2003 to 2011. They topped my charts in 2007 with "About You Now."


The Human League were third with 12 songs from 1982 to 2011. The Human League has topped my charts three times with "Don't You Want Me" in 1982, "Tell Me When" in 1995 and "All I Ever Wanted" in 2001.


Alcazar came in fourth with 11 songs from 2003 to 2011. Alcazar has topped my chart twice with "This Is The World We Live In" in 2004 and "We Keep On Rockin'" in 2008.


Sophie Ellis-Bextor had 9 songs from 2002 to 2011. Sophie hasn't had a #1 on my countdown, but she did come in at #2 with "Murder On The Dancefloor" in 2002.


Melanie C has had 7 songs from 1999 to 2011. However, she was in the Spice Girls and they had 12 songs from 1996 to 2007. So technically, that gives her the most entries (19) on my countdown. Melanie C has never had a solo #1 on my charts, but the Spice Girls did come in at #1 in 1997 with "Spice Up Your Life."


Annikafiore has had 3 solo songs. However, she was in Alcazar for 5 songs on my charts, and with Avatar versus Eve for 2 songs. So that makes 10 entries for her. As you know, Annikafiore topped my 2011 chart with "Don't Wanna C U 2nite." However, Annikafiore used to be in Alcazar, and she was with them when they topped my chart in 2004 with "This Is The World We Live In."


The Pipettes have been on my charts 8 times. They topped my chart in 2006 with "Pull Shapes."


***


That's about all the tidbits I can come up with! Happy 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment