Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Follow by Email

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Mutya Keisha Siobhan ... A Year Later

Dear Poptastic Readers,

It was last year in July that Poptastic Confessions featured the original Sugababes as they had reunited under a new (and not very exciting) name: Mutya Keisha Siobhan. You can click on their names to see what I wrote last year. If you don't know the history of lineup changes for the group, click here.



Mutya, Keisha and Siobhan

It's a year later and they have finally debuted their first single. The song is called "Flatline." And well, it's all right. It's a midtempo number with a nice melody. I'm just not jumping up and down to hear it again. Perhaps it is a grower. I keep reading that it sounds like Coldplay, but I don't listen to bands like Coldplay so I couldn't tell you if it does or not. But you can hear in on SoundCloud here ...



Here's what I really like about it: I reminded me of how much I missed hearing Keisha sing. Keisha has a lovely voice and hearing her sing reminds me of her time in the Sugababes.

I also think it is a bit refreshing to hear Siobhan sing with them again. As I've said before, the Sugababes first album has always been my least favourite and least played. But that isn't Siobhan's fault (she was only with the Sugababes for the first album). I'm just not crazy about the music on that album.



The Sugababes first album "One Touch."

I wish them the best and hope they have success. Like I said, perhaps the new song will grow on me as I keep hearing it. I don't dislike the song. I'm just not sure how I feel about it. Perhaps I will like it more when I see the video. Here is a nice making of video ...





One thing is for sure, the campaign for this single is going to be stretched out. As the single won't be able to be purchased until September. It almost sounds like the dreaded campaign for the Sugababes' last single "Freedom." You can read what I wrote about that campaign by clicking on the link.

I'll write about them again when the video premieres. So stay tuned ...

Cheers then,
—Davearama

1 comment: