I thought it would be fun to make a Top 20 list of my favourite all-girl groups/bands. But then I thought it would be fun to ask the other writers/contributors and before I knew it I had 15 people (besides me) sending in their lists. Everyone's #1 choice got 20 points, and their #20 choice got 1 point. If there were any ties (not many), I broke them. Before I knew it, we had over 100 girl groups listed. Now we have the Top 100 Girl Group/Band list. Today, we will give you the bottom 20 — #81-100, plus an honorable mention. Enjoy the list!
Special thanks to Raoni, Nick, Ally, Jason, Ted, Denny, Norm, Craig, Anthony, JT, Jef, Nico, Pascal, Mike, and Arturo.
Honorable Mention — Lananeeneenoonoo: This British trio was made up of comedians Dawn French, Jennifer Saunders, and Kathy Burke in 1989. They were a parody group of Bananarama. They sang a cover of "Jimmy Mack" and were even featured on Bananarama's remake of "Help!" — which went to #2 in UK and all proceeds went to Comedy Relief.
100. Strawberry Switchblade: This Scottish duo is best known for their 1985 UK hit "Since Yesterday."
97. Cibo Matto: This New York-based duo are best known for their 1999 songs "Working For Vacation" and "Moonchild."
96. Marsheaux: They are a Greek synthpop duo. Check out "Inhale" and "Breakthrough."
95. TSD: This UK trio had some minor hits with "Heart & Soul" and "Baby I Love You" in 1995 and 1996. Singer Claire Richards would go to have success with the group Steps in the late 90s/early 00s.
94. CLIENT: This English group had songs called "In It For The Money" in 2004 and "Zerox Machine" in 2007.
93. Madasun: This UK group are best known for their three singles "Don't You Worry", "Walking On Water", and "Feel Good." — all released in 2000.
92. Scarlet: This UK duo is best known for their 1995 songs "Independent Love Song" and "I Wanna Be Free (To Be With Him)."
91. Deep Obsession: This New Zealand group had three #1s in their home country in the late 90s. The songs were "Lost In Love", "Cold", and "One & Only."
90. Mania: This British duo only released one single called "Looking For A Place."
89. Soluna: This California quartet had some minor hits with "For All Time" and "Bring It To Me."
88. Vixen: This American rock band was best known in the late 80s for their hits "On The Edge Of A Broken Heart" and "Cryin'."
87. Dolly Style: This Swedish trio dress up in pastel wigs inspired by Japanamation. They are overly bubble-gum pop with songs like "Hello Hi", "Cherry Gum", "Upsy Daisy" and this year's "Rollercoaster."
86. Cover Girls: This New York trio are known for their 1987 song "Show Me." However, they are best known for their 1992 hit "Wishing On A Star."
85. Blaque: This American trio had hits in 1999 with "808" and "Bring It All To Me."
84. NERVO: These Australian twins have had two #1s on the US Dance Charts — in 2013 with "Hold On" and in 2015 with "The Other Boys."
We hope you enjoyed that! Tune in tomorrow for #61-80!