Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Monday, May 13, 2019

Neon Nights Bananarama Special #2 Podcast

Dear Poptastic Readers,

Davearama, here. Back in February, I went to Australia to see Bananarama on tour. I also got to meet John of Parralox and Costa. Both John and Costa host a show on Australia's LGBTQ Radio Station Joy 94.9 called Neon Nights. Last year in February, I called in to their first radio special that featured Bananarama. Since I was in Melbourne, John and Costa booked some studio time for another Bananarama special.



First of all, I loved Australia. If you haven't been, check it out. I was only in Melbourne and Sydney, but Melbourne captured my heart. The people are so friendly. I had actually met up with Costa first for dinner. The next day I met John for coffee. It was so nice to finally meet both in person.



For the interview, we met up at the Joy 94.9 studio in the evening. Beforehand, I sent them a list of songs I thought might be fun to highlight. The last show we did we featured all of the big hits. This time, I thought it might be fun to focus on some of their 90s and 00s catalogue. Unfortunately, we didn't have access to the new album In Stereo when recorded the show, but we did include "Dance Music." Also, when recorded it, we thought it would be on the air in April, so there is a funny moment when John asked me when the album would be released. 



Costa surprised me by adding an unreleased track and a demo to the list of songs. I immediately got that panicked feeling like we shouldn't be doing this. However, most fans already have copies and they are on YouTube, so there wasn't much I could do about it except go along.

The playlist was ...


Really Saying Something (Solasso Mix)
Look On The Floor (Hypnotic Tango) [Solasso Remix]
Dance Music
Love, Truth & Honesty (Original 12" Mix)
Changes (Unreleased)
Tripping On Your Love (George Michael Metropolis Mix)
Only Your Love
Moves Like Jagger
Love Comes (Wideboys Club Mix)
Feel For You
Your Love Tastes So Sweet (Demo)
I Heard A Rumour (Miami Mix)

We did record some song intros for a couple of bonus podcasts. They are included below. Stream the main one, download the main one, or listen here ...







Neon Nights Love Comes On The Floor Megamix

Thank you, John and Costa, for the interview and making me feel so welcome.

Cheers then,
—Davearama

P.S. Please like Neon Nights and Poptastic Confessions on social media ...

Neon Nights
Facebook
Instagram
Twitter
Neon Nights 2018 Bananarama Special


Poptastic Confessions
Please like and share our posts so that more people hear the music!









No comments:

Post a Comment