Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Tidbits about 2013

Happy New Year!

Here are some fun tidbits about my Top 20 songs of 2013! Enjoy!~



There were four acts that had two songs each inside my Top 20. They were Rebecca & Fiona, Pet Shop Boys, The Saturdays and Army Of Lovers. Only the Pet Shop Boys had two songs in the Top 10 with "Vocal" and "Thursday." The last time the Pet Shop Boys made my Top 10 was in 2004 with a song called "Flamboyant." 

Jody Watley, Capital Cities and Belinda Carlisle were the American artists on my countdown.  It was a big comeback for Jody Watley and even Belinda Carlisle. 

Le Kid, Rebecca & Fiona, Army Of Lovers, Icona Pop, and Dream Beats are from Sweden. 

The artists from the UK are Pet Shop Boys, Mel B (although she lives in California), The Saturdays, The Lovely Wars, Adam J, Amelle Berrabah, Molly Smitten-Downes and Mutya Keisha Siobhan. 

B*Witched are from Ireland.


Amelle and Mutya Keisha Siobhan have all been members of the Sugababes. There are some negotiations going on about the name so stay tuned.

That leaves us Annie who is from Norway, but currently lives in Germany. She was also a first timer to my countdown, as was Rebecca & Fiona, The Lovely Wars, Capital Cities, Icona Pop, Adam J, Molly Smitten-Downes and Siobhan.

There are two songs in the Top 10 that have the line "It's in the music" in the lyrics. They are "Nightlife" by Jody Watley and "Vocal" by the Pet Shop Boys.

Three songs have the word "Love" in the title: "Disco Love" by The Saturdays, "Young Love" by The Lovely Wars and "Love (Is All We Need)" by Adam J featuring Amelle Berrabah.

I have met a few artists in the countdown. I met Ani, who is now the lead singer of The Lovely Wars. I met Märta from Le Kid earlier this year for lunch in San Francisco. And while I didn't technically met Jody Watley, she did recognize me from Twitter when I saw her perform in Oakland earlier this year. I saw the Pet Shop Boys in concert this year and I waved to them on stage, but I'm sure they didn't see me. Ha!

And lastly ... several artists acknowledged Poptastic Confessions either on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram when the countdown was going on. They were ... Jody Watley, Le Kid, The Lovely Wars, Army Of Lovers, Amelle Berrabah, Annie, and Molly Smitten-Downes. To those artists, I say Thank you for the music. And thank you for helping support my blog!

Well, that's all for now ...

If you missed the countdown, start here at #1 and work your way down.

Check out tidbits from 2012 and 2011.

Cheers then,
—Davearama


No comments:

Post a Comment