Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Friday, November 9, 2012

30 Days by The Saturdays

Hello Poptastic Readers!

Sorry I've been away. Not only am I pop music fan, but I am also a political junkie. So most of my free time was taken up by the US Presidential Election. And I am very happy the President Obama was re-elected for a second term. That means I can go back to normal (whatever that is) and start updating Poptastic Confessions on a regular basis.

As you might remember last year, the UK girl group The Saturdays went to #9 on my Top 20 list with their hit last year "All Fired Up." Earlier this May, they released a single in the UK called "30 Days."

The Saturdays are ...
Frankie, Rochelle, Mollie, Una and Vanessa

Sometimes, I am a bit late to the party when it comes to some pop music. I was a bit slow to get the The Saturdays' single. I think I might have bought it in July. And I thought it was just OK. Well, as time went by I've started listening to the track more and more. The song has really grown on me. It wasn't until my last entry about Girls Aloud that I realized that I hadn't talked about The Saturdays this year. Tragedy, I know.

That leads me to this entry. The song is definitely a grower and I love it. So watch for it to be in my Top 20 at the end of the year. 

But there is more good news! The Saturdays are coming to the United States! HOORAY! They have a reality show on E! It starts in January and it will be called "Chasing The Saturdays." Now, if you would like to know more about the group, Popjustice recently had an article about everything you've ever wanted to know about them, and it is written for the American reader. Read it here.

They will have a new single out in January (I think) called "What About Us." You can hear a remix by clicking on the name. In the meantime, here is the video for "30 Days."


Poptastic regards,

—Davearama

The Saturdays music is not available in the US on iTunes just yet. However it is available on mp3va.com with a prepaid account.

No comments:

Post a Comment