Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Elevation by Erasure

Dear Poptastic Readers,

Back in the 80s and 90s, I was crazy about the pop duo Erasure. After seeing them open for Duran Duran in 1987, I continually bought all of the albums until around 2006 when I lost interest. I have sporadically kept up with them since then, but I haven't liked much. Well, things have changed as they have a new song out called "Elevation" and I love it!




"Elevation" is the first single from their new album called The Violet Flame, which will be released later this month. The album has been produced by Richard X who, judging by the first single, has the duo back on track.



While Andy and Vince of Erasure don't appear in the video, you can check it out here and fall in love with the wonderful new song.


I enjoy this song so much, there is a good chance it will make the year-end Top 20 list! 

"Elevation" is available on iTunes. The Violet Flame is released on September 23. Don't delay, buy it today and add it to your 2014 poptastic playlist!

Cheers then,
—Davearama

3 comments:

  1. Very nice...one of my favorite groups!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Davearama! This is Don Mendenhall from Instagram... I agree, "Nightbird" was the last album I really loved by them, but I'm loving this new music. :) Don

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Don! Yes! I just got the new album today! Loving Elevation! It is brilliant!

      Delete