Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Follow by Email

Monday, December 26, 2011

#21 (Bonus) in Davearama's Top 20 of 2011

Even though my countdown is only 20 songs, I usually include an extra song that I liked that didn't make my Top 20. This year's bonus song is "Oh My God" by Le Kid.






Le Kid is a Swedish group that started in 2009. I blogged about their debut album here. "Oh My God" was Le Kid's entry for Sweden's Melodifestivalen, which is a preliminary to the Eurovision song contest. They didn't win, but they had a great performance with some massive cupcakes above the stage. Fun!




As I kid, I grew up in a very religious family. We were never allowed to say "Oh My God." Instead, we said, "Oh my gosh!" It was so ingrained in me as a child, that I find myself singing "Oh My Gosh" to this song!


SoundFactory did an amazing remix that really turned it the song into a dancefloor stomper.
Listen to it on Scandipop here.


Hopefully, Le Kid's album will be on iTunes everywhere this coming year!

No comments:

Post a Comment