Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Revisiting 2010

Hello! It's been a while since I posted. Sorry about that. Busy, busy, busy!

Well, most of 2011 is over. And at the end of the year, I always do a countdown of my favourite Top 21 songs of the year. I'm currently working on the list and I'm pretty confident in the order this year. It seems almost every year after I post the songs, I change my mind and go back and rearrange things. Sometimes, you just need to distance yourself.



For my Top 21 songs of 2010 … the list was as follows ... (Click on the title to watch the video)


Bonus 21: "Indestructible" by Robyn. Brilliant.



20. "Together" by Pet Shop Boys. Amazing.


19. "Gotta Go" by Jenny Berggren. Should have had an official video.



18. "All For You" by Ace Of Base. Yes, two new singers.


17. "DJ (I Could Be Dancing)" by Alphabeat. Fun!





16. "Resuscitate Me" by September. Awesome.



15. "Not Giving Up On Love" by Armin van Buuren vs. Sophie Ellis-Bextor. Trance!





14. "Hang With Me" by Robyn. Sweet.




13. "Higher" by The Saturdays. Catchy!





12. "Wear My Kiss" by Sugababes. Muah!



11. "We Should Go Home Together" by Le Kid. Fresh!



10. "Stop The Music" by The Pipettes. Haunting.


9. "Headlines" by Alcazar. Key change!



8. "Forbidden Love" by Annikafiore. Dramatic!



7. "All The Lovers" by Kylie Minogue. Uplifting.



6. "Dancing On My Own" by Robyn. Epic.


5. "Can't Fight This Feeling" by Junior Caldera ft. Sophie Ellis-Bextor. Bittersweet.



4. "Night People" by Human League. Earworm.



3. "Love Don't Live Here" by Bananarama. LOVE.




2. "Call Me" by The Pipettes. FABulous!



1. "Get Outta My Way" by Kylie Minogue. Wonderful.


That's it! I hope you enjoyed the countdown. If you would like to hear (most of) these songs, check out our 2010 Poptastic Confessions Playlist on Spotify.


Cheers then,
—Davearama

3 comments:

  1. Dave, what a fun list! I am a big fan of several of the songs on your countdown and included a few of them on my own "Top 10 of 2010" list that I had made back in January. Feel free to check it out on my blog at http://raughtic.blogspot.com/2011/01/top-ten-songs-of-2010.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete