Thursday, December 29, 2011
#8 of 2011
#8 in my favourite songs of 2011 is "Don't Try To Steal My Limelight" by Miss Inga featuring Dominika Peczynski & La Camilla. Yes, Miss Inga is drag queen. Dominika and La Camilla were in the band Army Of Lovers. All three are Swedish.
The first time I heard it, I wasn't sure what to think about it. However, it quickly grew on me. The lyrics are hilarious! The chorus and bridge are very catchy. It's campy, and all-around FABulous! I love it! For the longest time, I couldn't sing it without laughing.
The video is cute. Dominika is pregnant so she was filmed from the waist up!
This is available on iTunes! Buy it now!
See the rest of the countdown here ...
9. "All Fired Up" by The Saturdays
10. "Boo Shuffle" by The Pipettes
11. "We Are The Drums" by Le Kid
12. "Party In My Head" by September
13. "Beat Of My Drum" by Nicola Roberts
14. "DJ (I Could Be Dancing)" by Alphabeat
15. "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga
16. "Think About It" by Melanie C
17. "Put Your Hands Up (If You Feel In Love)" by Kylie Minogue
18. "Call Your Girlfriend" by Robyn
19. "Hearts In The Air" by Eric Saade featuring J-Son
20. "Starlight" by Sophie Ellis-Bextor
Bonus: #21. "Oh My God" by Le Kid
See Davearama's Top Songs of 2010 ...