Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Monday, December 26, 2011

#19 of 2011

#19 in my favourite songs of 2011 is "Party In My Head" by September. When I got her album back in February, this was a standout track. It's fun! It's fresh! And it has some questionable lyrics. However, it is these questionable lyrics that make you want to belt it out at the top of you lungs, especially if you are in your car and stuck in traffic. 



The lyrics in question are … "I don't care about the VIP 'cos every single DJ is inside me." Yep, now get your dirty mind out of the gutter. The song is about all the music in her head and how she doesn't need all of this other stuff because she has the music inside her.

It took ages for us to get a video from her, but we finally did. And it's quite nice. I think you will agree.



September's music is available on iTunes.


See #21 here ...

20. "Jane Doe" by Rebecca & Fiona


Bonus: #21. "Starlight" by Sophie Ellis-Bextor. 



See our Top Songs of 2010 

No comments:

Post a Comment