Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Follow by Email

Sunday, December 23, 2012

#15 in my favourite songs of 2012

#15 in my favourite songs of 2012 is "C'est Cool" by Whigfield. Another act from Denmark! This was actually released in 2011, but I completely missed it last year. However, I've been playing it nonstop this year. Thus, it lands on my 2012 list!



You may remember Whigfield from her 1994 smash hit "Saturday Night." Perhaps you even remember some of her other songs, although many of her early tracks had a similar sound.

But the Whigfield of 2011/2012 is not the same from 1994. First of all, her vocals are much better and her sound is very current. I recently reviewed her latest album "W." And I can't get enough of it!

"C'est Cool" is a fun track. It reminds you a bit of Kylie's "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" in a good way, but not in a bad way. Apparently there is a "Right Version" and a "Left Version." I haven't quite figured out why left and right, but c'est la vie! I prefer the "Right Version" as it was the version on her album.

The video is ace as it has Sannie (her real name) working it as a model, and she is gorgeous! Work it, girl!




Whigfield's music is available on iTunes!

See #16 in the countdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment