Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

W by Whigfield

Dear Poptastic Readers,

I'm currently working on a post of my favourite Christmas/Holiday songs. And I'm also working on my Top 20 Songs of 2012. All that plus work and life makes me busy, busy, busy.


However, I'm putting all that on hold to share with you an album that I bought that has me dancing away! The album is called W and it by Whigfield.





I blogged about Whigfield earlier this year with her BRILLIANT single "4Ever" and you should watch for that song to appear in my Top 20 of 2012.





Last year, Whigfield released a single called "C'est Cool." I completely missed that song. However, after I fell in love with "4ever", I decided to look up that song on YouTube and saw the amazing video.





The song grew on me and I downloaded the track from iTunes. Whigfield released the third single from the album called "Jeg Kommer Hjem." Despite the title, most of the song is sung in English. The title translates to "I'm Coming Home." It is unusual song, as it is a bit dubstep in a good way. You can enjoy the lyric video here.





I delayed and delayed, and then I finally bought the whole album today on iTunes (8 songs for $7.01 ... a deal!). And I couldn't be more happy with my purchase. All the songs are awesome.


This sounds like where September should have gone. This is a great dance pop album. If you like dance pop, you will LOVE this.


I'm going to predict that "Stay In My Head" will be the next single in January. However, it could easily be "As I Go" or "Devil Called Love." The songs are all ace. Enjoy this lovely Megamix ...






Go buy "W" by Whigfield on iTunes today! You won't be sorry!


5 comments:

  1. It's an amazing album, Dave! I love it. Let's hope Whiggie continues releasing music like this regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Stay In My Head" needs to be released as a single at some point! It's got "megahit" written all over it and it would be great with an amazing video to go with it too. A bit disappointed with the lyric video to "Jeg Kommer Hjem" as I was hoping for more of a traditional music video with Sannie in it but hopefully that will come soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great album, indeed. They need to release more of this genre. Best web deals at South Bend Clutches

    ReplyDelete
  4. Internet specials at South Bend Clutches Dave, it's a fantastic record! I adore it. I hope Whiggie keeps putting out songs of this caliber on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete