Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

#11 of 2012

#11 in Poptastic Confessions Top Songs of 2012 is "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jespen. 



We first wrote about this song last March. Davearama said, "A friend sent me the video, and I almost turned it off during the first verse. But then I thought, no I'll wait and hear the chorus. Wait ... What is this I heard? Strings? Glorious strings! (Or at least synths disguised as strings!) Was this an Alcazar track that disregarded? I had to listen again and again. Sadly, it's not a disregarded Alcazar song."

As you know, the song became a worldwide smash. Usually in our book that is the kiss of death. However, there is something really endearing about this song. Something so simple, and yet poptastic all at the same time. And something completely embarrassing, too. It brought back some glorious, unashamed pop music back into the charts. So in weird way, we are glad it was a hit.





Carly's duet with Owl City called "Good Time" was also a favorite of ours.


See the rest of our countdown here ...

No comments:

Post a Comment