Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Follow by Email

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

#11 in my favourite songs of 2012

#11 in my favourite songs of 2012 is "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jespen. 



I first wrote about this song last March. I said, "A friend sent me the video, and I almost turned it off during the first verse. But then I thought, no I'll wait and hear the chorus. Wait ... What is this I heard? Strings? Glorious strings! (Or at least synths disguised as strings!) Was this an Alcazar track that disregarded? I had to listen again and again. Sadly, it's not a disregarded Alcazar song."

As you know, the song became a worldwide smash. Usually in my book that is the kiss of death. However, there is something really endearing about this song. Something so simple, and yet poptastic all at the same time. And something completely embarrassing, too. It brought back some glorious, unashamed pop music back into the charts. So in weird way, I'm glad it was a hit. However, because it was so massive, it just didn't make my Top 10 because it was too overplayed.



I really didn't think I would like anything else by the Canadian singer. However, I did quite like her duet with Owl City called "Good Time." Although it didn't make my Top 20.

Carly Rae Jespen's music is available on iTunes and probably everywhere.

See #12 in my countdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment