Poptastic Confessions

Poptastic Confessions

Thursday, December 29, 2011

#6 of 2011

#6 in my favourite songs of 2011 is "Live 2 Love" by Annikafiore. This year in June, Annikafiore released her first solo EP called Preaching To The Choir. This song was supposed to be the first single, as the video was shot in the spring. However, once the EP was released, fans couldn't get enough of the somber "Don't Wanna C U 2nite." That ended up becoming the first single, and "Live 2 Love" was put on hold. I interviewed Annikafiore in August for Scandipop and I even featured the interview on my blog.


This fall, Annikafiore decided to edit the video for "Love 2 Live" herself. She spent weeks on it, and even during the process lost all of her work when her computer crashed. Still, she dusted off and tried again. The result was fantastic eye-catching video. I LOVE it! I could watch it over and over. It is probably my favourite video of the year.



The song is fun. The lyrics are clever. It was written by Annikafiore and Antti Vuorenniemi. Well done! Well done! Apparently there are some remixes in the works right now. Hopefully they'll be out soon. As for the cover above, I made it from a screenshot that Annikafiore posted on her Facebook artist page.

Annikafiore's music is available on iTunes and CDBaby.com

See the rest of the countdown here ...


7. "Freedom" by Sugababes


8. "Don't Try To Steal My Limelight" by Miss Inga featuring 
La Camilla and Dominika Peczynski (Happy Hoes)


9. "All Fired Up" by The Saturdays


10. "Boo Shuffle" by The Pipettes


11. "We Are The Drums" by Le Kid


12. "Big" by Sneaky Sound System




13. "Beat Of My Drum" by Nicola Roberts


14. "Bullets" by Rebecca & Fiona



15. "Notorious" by The Saturdays




16. "Think About It" by Melanie C




18. "Call Your Girlfriend" by Robyn


19. "Party In My Head" by September



20. "Jane Doe" by Rebecca & Fiona


 Bonus: #21 "Starlight" by Sophie Ellis-Bextor



See our Top Songs of 2010 

No comments:

Post a Comment