Thursday, December 29, 2011
#6 of 2011
#6 in my favourite songs of 2011 is "Live 2 Love" by Annikafiore. This year in June, Annikafiore released her first solo EP called Preaching To The Choir. This song was supposed to be the first single, as the video was shot in the spring. However, once the EP was released, fans couldn't get enough of the somber "Don't Wanna C U 2nite." That ended up becoming the first single, and "Live 2 Love" was put on hold. I interviewed Annikafiore in August for Scandipop and I even featured the interview on my blog.
This fall, Annikafiore decided to edit the video for "Love 2 Live" herself. She spent weeks on it, and even during the process lost all of her work when her computer crashed. Still, she dusted off and tried again. The result was fantastic eye-catching video. I LOVE it! I could watch it over and over. It is probably my favourite video of the year.
The song is fun. The lyrics are clever. It was written by Annikafiore and Antti Vuorenniemi. Well done! Well done! Apparently there are some remixes in the works right now. Hopefully they'll be out soon. As for the cover above, I made it from a screenshot that Annikafiore posted on her Facebook artist page.
Annikafiore's music is available on iTunes and CDBaby.com
See the rest of the countdown here ...
7. "Freedom" by Sugababes
8. "Don't Try To Steal My Limelight" by Miss Inga featuring
La Camilla and Dominika Peczynski
9. "All Fired Up" by The Saturdays
10. "Boo Shuffle" by The Pipettes
11. "We Are The Drums" by Le Kid
12. "Party In My Head" by September
13. "Beat Of My Drum" by Nicola Roberts
14. "DJ (I Could Be Dancing)" by Alphabeat
15. "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga
16. "Think About It" by Melanie C
17. "Put Your Hands Up (If You Feel In Love)" by Kylie Minogue
18. "Call Your Girlfriend" by Robyn
19. "Hearts In The Air" by Eric Saade featuring J-Son
20. "Starlight" by Sophie Ellis-Bextor
Bonus: #21. "Oh My God" by Le Kid
See Davearama's Top Songs of 2010 ...